We are very fortunate to have close links with businesses, local charities and other establishments in Broadway and further afield. These include:
- Working with community figures such as the police, nurses and the fire service.
- Providing art work for the Food Festival and Horticultural show.
- Working with local artists and poets as part of the Broadway Arts' Festival.
- Entering local competitions, such as NISA art competition.
- Attending the local Remembrance Service.
- Carol singing at the Broadway Late Night shopping event.
- Providing a Christmas tree and decorations for the Christmas Festival at the United Reform Church.
- Collecting for harvest to dontate to Caring Hands in Evesham.
Children and parents kindly donated a number of items to be given to Caring Hands in Evesham, a charity supporting the homeless. We even made the local paper.
Remembering the Soldiers
Our children made poppies using recycled plastic bottles. They even made the news in the Evesham Journal [here].
All of the children provided entries for the Horticultural Show. A range of entries are displayed at school, including one of the winning entries.
Children in each class were challenged to create large pieces of art, inspired by work such as Matisse's 'The Snail' and Van Gogh's 'Starry Night'. The committee made a financial donation to the school as thanks, and the art work is now on display in school.